Monday, November 19, 2007

100 Memory Verses by Summer

This weekend I got to help a little bit with our Youth's Retreat for church. Their speaker-Brad Fogerty- talked about the importance of memorizing God's Word. How by doing that- His Word comes alive in us and in times of trial- that is what comes out of us. He challenged the kids to memorize 100 verses by the time they go to summer camp.
Last night was our Awana night at church- where we share with the church what Awana is all about- and I shared with the church what Brad had said and I committed to memorizing 100 verses as well! Caarazy! I am not sure what I was thinking- but after church last night I was surfing and found this great blog- http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/ She is doing a challenge starting next year with a verse a week. From her site I found this one http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/ that has these cool downloadable scriptures. So I've printed these off to use as flash cards- I'm thinking I may even do new ones for the rest of the verses I learn then frame them all together for a big mosaic type print.
Anybody else wanna do this with me?

2 comments:

amy mason armstrong said...

wow Erin, I'm proud of you...100 verses by when? Or is the challenge just one a week for how long? Give me details. You know I am always up for a good challenge! Email me the details of when and how long and I will search myself to see if I can commit to do this right. It would be good for me and good for the kids to do with me.

小田 said...

hi erin..
is nice to see ur blog here.
i'm searching some picture n accidentally found ur blog here.
=) keep shining for God.
knowing Him more is a blessing.
emmanuel