Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Signs of Spring

We have been puny around here lately. Sammy finally quit throwing up after 7 days. He felt fine during the day but decided to bless me with nasty puke every night for a week. I had the whole thing down to a science by the end of it though. Puke bucket -(not a pot!), towell, wet washcloth, cup of water, blanket. I now have enough continuing education hours on cleaning up puke that I could do it professionally. But I aint gonna! NO MORE PUKE!
Anywho- I did take pics for Amy's challenge so here are a few of our springy goodness. The weather didn't cooperate but we did lots of crafty stuff. Congrats Kim- winner 2 weeks in a row- but your rein has come to an end! I will win this week! hehe. My first real quilt- a baby gift, Sam and Riley painting blown out eggs.
The kid's easter baskets um, I mean easter boots. They got boots, a book, bubbles, chalk, a hobby horse sewn together too quickly the night before, and of course candy! Sammy, by our chocolate nests with jelly bean eggs. I have always thought these were cute, but they don't really taste that great.
Riley acting like a doofus, Sam making a huge mess, I mean, coloring eggs, Spring for us means baby goats. This picture is of Rebecca-(because she has an R on her ear tag)- and she had twins this year- Kate and Spencer! Rileys crafts, little bunny and the washcloth bunnys, Spring Equinox- did you guys balance an egg on its head? Homeschool science is so much fun! More of Rileys crafts- wee bunny from here, a string bowl that I love!, and some st. Paddy's day pretzels- that again look better than they tasted!

And here is what I should have been doing instead of crafting. Just keepin it real ladies!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Great post, Erin. And you know how you challenged me about the challenge this week? Bring it!!
By the way, you are fantastic at balancing dirty dishes!! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I just gotta tell you, my dishes look worse!!!! But I am NOT gonna show you a picture (you just gotta trust me). I love it that you named your goats after the Maske family...I'm sure she is quite flattered :)
Love the pics.
Glad you guys are feeling better. I hate puke (but really, who loves it?)

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

The girls loved looking through Riley's pics! And just for the record, the Spring pictures look WAY more fun than doing dishes. There will always be more dishes:)
Glad you shared your blog with me!
Karen

Anonymous said...

ok you got until Sunday afternoon to post your pics...I gotta see this picoff between you and Kim. I can't wait to see 'What drives you crazy'
I couldn't get a great pic of the eye rolling, sighing, backtalking and door slamming so I still with some more generic drive me crazy stuff. :)