Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 2



Today was one of those lazy, get very little accomplished kind of days- that feel good- in the "I deserve a break" sort of way, but terrible in the" crap in this house is piling up" kind of way.




So to go along with my posting everyday in June- I'm also going to write about what boring stuff I accomplished also. You are thrilled aren't you. OOh this is gonna be one exciting month!




So... Today I....


worked on our budget.. we are officially broke, and will be for a very, very long time.


cooked supper and used a new recipe from the pioneer woman(these potatoes were delish)... I realize this is an everyday thing in most houses, but sadly not ours.


Took out the trash and burned it.


Practiced Rileys softball hitting in the front yard.


Completely cleaned off my counters... somehow every surface has become a hotspot.




Tomorrow I hope to....


work most the day at the church


clean off my deck and pick up the yard


cook supper again- maybe pancakes for supper,mmm




I leave you with a picture that my sister Olivia took of Sam over memorial day weekend- this kid is a total nut, and man I am in love. with. him! Some things i don't want to forget about him at 2.5 years old.


He is perpetually dirty- the boy finds a mess where ever he goes.


He says each word like it's own sentence- hold. me. momma. seperating each word with a little stop- love it.


He peed off the deck tonight for the first time- just pushed his naked tush out and did it- and has done it 5 or 6 times since.


He loves tools- he carries around a bunch of tools, and he knows that the blue handled pliers are daddy's and that the metal handled ones were Papa Johnny's.


His favorite place to go is the scrap yard with John. He calls it the junkyawd, he gets to see lots of cool stuff and they give the kids smarties.


He loves his crocs that look like fire, and he loves them even better when their on the wrong feet.


He demands CHOC in his milk.


We can ask for the most obscure object and he will go get it- Like yesterday when I asked John to get me a vacuum bag- and Sam went straight to the utility closet and dug it out.


His best friend is his Papa Sonny- it's a little obsesive on both sides.


When I hold him after he has hurt himself, he grabs my neck and pulls me as close as we can get to each other- it is awesome.


Everything is pink to him.


He loves baths- he pretends the faucet is a coffee machine and makes me dozens of cups of coffee every bath- he has now started putting bubble "cream" on top.


He has several smiles- and i wish it wasn't so but my favorite one is the onery- i just did something rotten smile.


He loves to read books- and play with tractors and be held, and sing You are my sunshine and go to his sunday school class that he calls nursery.


He loves wearing his vroom-vroom(motorcycle) underwear, and also has no problem with pooping in them.


He is rotten, can throw a fit like a pro, has a mean way of hitting his sister when she's too pushy, he throws his sucker wrappers on the floor, and he spilled a half a bag of cereal on the floor today.


He is wonderful. and I am blessed.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the boots in the pic! Aren't boys fun. I just love a dirty little face kiss and dirt under the fingernails holding your hand....I love your post. It makes me think of all the things I love about my filthy, ornery little boys.
A

rbecca91 said...

What an awesome post!! Sam seems like all boy!!

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

You are very blessed indeed!
Karen

Anonymous said...

OH NO its almost midnight of day 3 and you haven't posted yet!!!!! Where are you? :)