Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 4

Yesterday I wrote that I wanted to get this done Today

Vacuum my bedroom floor
Make a grocery list for Thursday
Plan 2 weeks worth of meal plans
Work more at the church

I got it all done, except the floor- because my husband had already done it! I know, I know, caarazy- but true- the man is a gem.



Tomorrow I hope to...

Shop for groceries

Put away said groceries

Help John round up a baby goat we're selling to pay for said groceries

Fun, Fun stuff I tell ya.



I have spent entirely too much time on the website where I got that slick little music player to the side- so glad I have cool friends who are in the know about that kind of stuff.



So many of these songs have memories attached to them.

I've had the time of my life- the theme song from Dirty Dancing..... When I lived in Trenton, I would always get off the bus one stop early and spend the afternoon at my friend Brooke's house. She had the VIDEO of Dirty Dancing- which of course I wasn't allowed to watch- which of course we watched anyway. We had the whole thang memorized- "Nobody puts Baby in the corner"- oh Patrick Swayze you were so cute then, and we were so naive- who wants a boyfriend who works as a dancer at a summer camp with a car with broken windows and trashy friends. Even though he was so wrong for me- Patrick will always hold a special place in my heart! lol



You've got the right stuff-BABY- NKOTB- another song from the same time- Brooke and her little brother Ryan had rooms that were attached. So we would run from Brooke's room and jump on Ryans truck- which was a perfect stage. We would belt out all the NKOTB songs while wearing our oversized NKOTB shirts and spandex leggings our hair in teased high ponytails, with of course fluffed bangs. If we weren't listening to NKOTB then we were all about ...



Paula Abdul- opposites attrack- is it sad that I still know the words?



All the Judds songs- Before I had a drivers license I worked at Cafe de Cream- they had a jukebox that had really good country songs. I loved all the Judd stuff- and one of my favorite Wynonna songs- Only love- I can remember the smell of the mop bucket as I cleaned up the dining area singing the songs after closing. Good times- and free ice cream.



Garth Brooks- When GB was in KC for concerts last Fall- my parents took my brother, sister and I to a concert. It was a great memory to be just the "original five"- and to belt out the songs together. EVERYBODY stood and sang the whole concert- it was awesome. John also gave me the whole GB collection when I graduated in '98. When we were dating we would always sing along to the cd's on the way to and way back from where ever we went. John has a great voice- especially on Lonesome Dove.



All the christian stuff- now I pretty much exclusively listen to 90.7. I love the music and I love that it's the stuff Riley will have to remember- instead of junk like NKOTB.



All the music brings memories back, and reminds me that...

I am blessed.

P.S.- I tried another one of her recipes the other day- and the cinnamon rolls turned out great. I always get nervous working with bread- but these were pretty easy. They puffed up and looked bad- so i just poked them back in their spot and they were fine. The frosting is the best- made with syrup... mmm syrup. How do you like my baby blue/lavender counter tops? Good gravy- what was I thinking?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy moly those look yummy!

rbecca91 said...

I wish I had a good friend that would show me how to do things!!!! I haven't figured it out yet. Those do look yummy!!!!

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

The cinnamon rolls look wonderfully delicious!! Have you tried her chocolate cake? It's the one and only cake I've ever made from scratch.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Bec...click on make my own playlist on my playlist on my blog or Erins. Call me and I will walk you through it if you want :)and we could chat too.