Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 7







For Mother's Day- John gave me something I have wanted for a long time- Mike Heaton! Mike is using his home building skilz on my living room. Here is what it used to look like

I know these aren't the best pictures- but you can see how tiny the room was. The wall on the right we tore out and now the living room has the added space of Riley's old room. Which makes it so much more nice. Since we tore out the wall we have added a piano, the computer desk, and a loveseat to the eccletic mix of garage sale furniture. The covers on our couches are chocolate brown soft corduroy.
I love the brown, turquoise, linen colors together- maybe even a little splash of a pretty orange, and some celery green. What do you guys think.
We spend alot of time at home- so I want this room to be functional (of course) but also feel inviting and cozy. I would love to have a rug in a corner near a little bookshelf for afternoon reading, and cute pillows on the couch- and I just love the hexagon quilt above. I would like the room to be filled with things that mean something to me- the kid's framed artwork, grandmas quilts rolled and stuck in a basket, embroidered pillows, colorful, relaxing colors.
Any ideas? I would love to do a pretty turquoise on the walls, or maybe A wall. Also- what do you think of the beadboard- should it stay or go? I can't decide- I have always loved it- but at this point we would need to buy quite a bit more to finish the room, and I just don't know if we can or should spend that much right now.
Help me by answering these questions:
Bead board- take it or leave it?
Color for the living room walls?
Color for the kitchen?
If this was your house what would you do?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a red kitchen but that doesn't seem to be your style...so I am thinking of a beautiful rich creme for the kitchen and a turquoise living room. Then you can use your color splashes throughout. I don't know what a bead board is so I can't give you any ideas on that one.

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

I love the bead board! It is expensive, but at least you have part of the room already done:)

rbecca91 said...

I love the photos of all of the stuff you picked out!!! What inspiration!!!

Kim said...

I couldn't figure out how to reply with pictures so take a look at my blog and see what I found for colors for your living room. I definetely think the bead board should stay. Just add it as you can later.